The Ansonia and Calumet Buildings were built simultaneously with the Hotel Statler. Both feature glazed polychromatic terra cotta exteriors ornamented with plant forms, which serve as a decorative casing for the underlying steel frame structure.
Ansonia Building (1905-1906) 722 Main Street
The Ansonia was enlarged to the south by fifty feet in 1921, giving it a second facade on
Tupper Street. Architect Eli W. Goldstein seamlessly continued Esenwein & Johnson's
exterior program with duplicate terra cotta and stone.