In keeping with our mission, The Buffalo History Museum continues to add to its collection through the gifts and bequests of generous friends, as well as through purchases funded by supporters of the Museum.
The Museum adds depth and breadth to the collection by focusing on objects made in or associated with the Western New York region. These objects are given a permanent and safe home, preserving them for future generations and making them accessible to all.
While we are most grateful for inquires about donations, due to storage space, duplication, and a myriad of practical reasons, we cannot store all historical items offered.
We thank all our donors for enabling us to continue to develop and enhance our collections in meaningful ways.
Some recent acquisitions include:
- Beach Collection glass plate negatives
- CPI Niagara donated a large sampling of products manufactured in Buffalo by Foster – McClellan Company, Foster – Milburn Company, Westwood Pharmaceuticals, Westwood Squibb, and Contact Pharmaceuticals Limited (CPL). The health care products range in dates from the mid-19th century to the 21st century.
- A brass plaque from the L.L. Berger, Inc. Building at 514 Main Street and a commemorative bowl given to department store owner Louis L. and Golda A. Berger on the occasion of their 50th Wedding Anniversary
- Advertising Novelty – Shelley’s Hot Dogs portable grill
- Sampling Rod –used by the Buffalo Corn Exchange for collecting grain samples at various depths
- A ca. 1920 Larkin bedroom dresser
- A George “Hound Dog” Lorenz WBLK promotional record
To learn more about gifts and bequests to The Buffalo Hsitory Museum, please contact Walt Mayer (716)873-9695 extension 302 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org